Friday, December 28, 2012

New Obsessions and a New Year

I know it's been a while, but I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas indeed!  And I hope Santa was very kind to everyone!  I know he was to me!  My big gift from a certain loveable Asian boy, was a 3 hour mani/pedi/facial treatment at a local spa.  I also got 4 movies (X-men trilogy and the Hunger Games!), a book I have been waiting FOREVER to come out, and my parents are angels in disguise.  They are buying me and Yuta 1 night in a Toronto hotel when my friend, Francesca, comes to visit in April.  I also got some smaller gifts like winter gloves and other such things.  And as well as Christmas coming and going this holiday season, I have found yet another new obsession.  Pinterest.  At first, I was like, what's all the hype about?  And then I joined.  And it has created a monster.

I joined probably about 2 weeks ago now, and I can say I've been on everyday since!  It's a wonderful site that has everything you could ever want to look up, but it's so organized!  You create theme specific boards under your own profile, like fitness or DIY, and you search things pertaining to those boards.  You from there, re-pin things from other people's boards to your own.  It keeps track of everything you've repinned to yourself, for future or immediate gratification.  What a site for a super dis-organized person like me! (They even have an organization section!)

Something else coming this holiday season is the new year.  2012, you've been kind to me, allowing my love from halfway across the world to be reunited together with me, but 2013, I'm looking even more forward to you.  2013 brings on a new year, a new workout promise (I hope I can keep!), and a new continent hopefully!  Yuta and I will be attempting a Working Holiday in England in the fall of 2013 (I've already been asking friends that live there to give me a few pointers on where the cheaper areas are, and what type of work is available.  You can never start planning to early!).

My new year's resolution is to save money and work out more.  I have joined a gym that's right across the street from where I work and now there is really no excuse not to go.  I've been scheduled a lot more morning shifts, and I find it easier to go after work then before.  So let's shed some pounds and save some dough!

What are your new year's resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment