Sunday, September 2, 2012

Time to pull up your big girl panties.....

Some people say that days drag on, and whatever they are anticipating can't come fast enough.  But for me, it's actually quite the opposite.  Where has the time gone?  I left Japan nearly 2 years ago, brokenhearted over 2 things.  The actual leaving of Japan, a country I came to love so very much, and the leaving of my fiancèe, Yuta.  Over the past couple of years, we have visited each other on and off, taking turns going to the other's country of residence (Canada and Japan).

But now the time has come for us to be reunited (hopefully forever!).  He will be moving here on a 1 year Working Holiday Visa, and our life together will be beginning again, as we get to know each other all over, and on a whole new level.  Being apart for such a long period of time, and only having short visits of 2 weeks or less, has always put us on our best behaviour when seeing each other.  Now that we will be living together, I feel like this new experience for us will really open our eyes to each other.  We will get to see how it REALLY is to live with somebody who is a polar opposite of you (I'm really messy, while Yuta is kind of a neat freak).

I can't say I'm not scared that living together might make or break us.  It's one of the scariest things I've ever done.  But I do feel like, with enough communication, we might actually be able to pull this off!  

So here's to a year (and possibly lifetime) of fighting, making up, traveling, new experiences, and love.
がんばります!
Love Always,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment